|Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set|
|Ultron fighting Captain America - The First Avenger and Gamora fighting Venom.|
|Game||Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition|
|Playable Characters/Figures||All Marvel characters|
|Packs & Tools||Unknown|
The Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set is a play set in Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition. All Marvel characters work in this playset. It was released on March 15, 2016.
The play set was confirmed on Toy Box TV, and is being developed by United Front Games. During D23 Expo, John Vignocchi revealed that it will be the first Play Set to include 4 player Co-Op playing. It was also later confirmed that the playset would only include one figure, making it the first Single-Figure Playset
Ultron teams up with Loki in an effort to steal Asgard’s immensely powerful Infinity Stone. To accomplish this, Ultron and Loki create robotic replicas of the famed Marvel Super Heroes and turn them against each other in an effort to distract them while they commit their crime. The Marvel Super Heroes duplicates battle each other in iconic environments such as a wrecked Brooklyn train yard, Wakanda (Black Panther's Home World) and S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Lunar Base, culminating in a universe-shaking battle against Ultron.
- Black Panther
- Black Suit Spider-Man
- Captain America - The First Avenger
- Hulkbuster Iron Man
- Black Widow
- Captain America
- Green Goblin
- Iron Fist
- Iron Man
- Nick Fury
- Rocket Raccoon
All round Marvel Power Discs are compatible with this playset. The use of these discs are changed however, as they are adapted to the play style. For example, costume change discs have been changed to mirror the abilities of team-up power discs.
3.0 Power Discs:
- Cosmic Cube Blast – Unleash a powerful energy blast on nearby foes.
- Darkhawk's Blast – Blast obstacles with a powerful energy beam from your chest.
- Nova Corps Strike – Call upon the Nova Corps and unleash a tactical strike from above.
2.0 Power Discs
- Alien Symbiote
- Captain Marvel
- Gamma Rays
- Infinity Gauntlet
- Iron Patriot
- Sentinel of Liberty
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier Strike
- Sorcerer Supreme
- Space Armor
- Stark Arc Reactor
- The Immortal Iron Fist
- Ultimate Falcon
- White Tiger
- Winter Soldier
- Not all Marvel Playable Characters can be used in this Play Set as advertised. Despite Hiro and Baymax originating from Marvel Comics, they cannot be used due to their classification as Disney Originals in-game. This is because their in-game designs are from their Walt Disney Animation Studios redesigns rather than their Marvel designs.
- This is one of only two announced playsets released in 2016. The other is Finding Dory.
- This is the first Play Set to ever allow characters from a previous game enter the Play Set.
- This is also the first Play Set to only include one figure. However, retailers offer a free Marvel figure from Disney Infinity 2.0 as a pre-order bonus.
- Characters where adjusted greatly, notably Rocket Racoon, getting a combo but sadly not keeping it in the toy box.
- This is the first 3.0 playset that cannot be played on PC and Apple TV.
- For all photos and videos, see Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set/Gallery.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGt4EKO6jg0
- ↑ http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2015/06/01/special-edition-podcast-star-wars-and-disney-infinity-3-0.aspx
- ↑ http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/05/27/marvel-figures-from-2-0-to-be-playable-in-disney-infinity-3-0-playset-more-info-from-disneyinfinityfans-com/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/status/664538094427881472