|Written by||Stan Lee and Steve Ditko|
Created by writer-editor Stan Lee and writer-artist Steve Ditko, he first appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15 (Cover-dated Aug. 1962). Lee and Ditko conceived the character as an orphan being raised by his Aunt May and Uncle Ben, and, as a teenager, having to deal with the normal struggles of adolescence in addition to those of a costumed crimefighter. Spider-Man's creators gave him super strength and agility, the ability to cling to most surfaces, shoot spider-webs using wrist-mounted devices of his own invention (which he called "web-shooters"), and react to danger quickly with his "spider-sense", enabling him to combat his foes.
- Spider-Man, Venom, Nova, Green Goblin, Nick Fury and Iron Fist appear as playable characters in the Marvel's Spider-Man Playset. A figure of Spider-Man in his black symbiote suit was made available exclusively with the Disney Infinity 2.0 PlayStation Vita Starter Pack.
- Spider-Buggy, Spider-Copter, Spider-Glider, Spidey's Sky, Spidey's Streets, and Alien Symbiote are Power Discs available for use in the Play Set and Toy Box.
- Oscorp Tower and Daily Bugle are Set Pieces.
- Symbiotes appear as enemies.
- Several Spider-Man items for the Toy Box and INteriors are available for purchase through the Play Set, including but not limited to Daily Bugle Billboard, Spider-Man No More, Oscorp Work Area, Oscorp Computer Desk, Venom Chair, Spider-Man Bean Bag, and Spider-Man Bed.
- Mysterio and Dr. Otto Octavious appear as villains in the playset.
- Black Suit Spider-Man is released as an individually sold figure.