Sparks are glowing orbs that act as collectibles in the Disney Infinity games. They affect different things depending on their color, including a player's experience level, health, economy, and special ability meter. In Spark Mode, the player actually turns into a yellow spark.
Sparks in this game only come in one color: blue. Blue sparks are used to level up the player's character. Any given character may be leveled up until it reaches level 15, the "level cap".
In Disney Infinity: 2.0 Edition, there are different colored sparks that do different things.
- Blue Sparks: In this game, blue sparks are used to purchase toys in the toy store instead of leveling characters up from the first game.
- Green Sparks: Green sparks are used to restore a character's health when the character is damaged.
- Orange Sparks: Orange sparks are used to level up a character, performing the function performed by blue sparks in the first game. The level cap in this game has been raised from 15 to 20.
- Purple Sparks: These are used to refill the character's special move meter.
- Yellow Sparks: The character becomes a yellow spark when the player enters the toy box editor or the spark mode.