|Relatives|| Han Solo (father)|
Princess Leia (mother)
Luke Skywalker (uncle)
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (grandfather) Padmé Amidala (grandmother)
|Friends|| Captain Phasma|
Supreme Leader Snoke
First Order Stormtroopers
The First Order
|Occupation|| Field Commander of the First Order|
Knight of Ren
|Voice Actor||Adam Driver|
"Greetings, I'm Kylo Ren. Fight in my command, and we shall rid the galaxy of the Resistance, once and for all!"
Kylo Ren (birth name Ben Solo) is the main antagonist in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. He is a playable character in Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition. He was originally leaked as a playable character on October 12th, but was revealed officially later that day. He is initially playable and the final boss in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Play Set. On April 5, 2016, a Light FX variant of him was released.
He is (at the time of episode VII) the strongest Force-user. His dangerous will and continued adherence to the dark side of the Force makes him nearly unstoppable and difficult to kill.
He is an enforcer for the First Order who threatens the galaxy with devious acts.
The Force Awakens Play Set
His role in the Play Set is similar to the movie as the main antagonist, he is battled by Rey and Finn while on the crumbling Starkiller base, he manages to incapacitate Finn but before he can finish him, Rey intercepts Luke Skywalker's lightsaber (that was previously in the possession of Finn) and battles Kylo Ren in a brief but intense fight and manages to over power and defeat him by slicing his face with the lightsaber before retreating with an unconscious Finn to the Millennium Falcon leaving Kylo Ren to die on the unstable base, his fate is unknown but presumed to have survived Starkiller's destruction.
According to animator Nigel Style, the team had very little information on Kylo Ren when they began to animate him. The only things they had to go on were a glimpse of his back from the movie's teaser trailer, a couple of costume fitting videos, and some cryptic statements from higher ups ("Think of the Hound from Game of Thrones", and "He's not as good as he thinks he is"). For this reason, Nigel had to search everywhere he could for inspiration for the character's moveset. He used everything he could find, including videos of Chinese Military sword drills, Star Wars fanfilms, and Lightsaber Academy videos on YouTube. He tried to make the moveset different from that of any other Infinity character.
- His pose is based on his appearance in the first teaser trailer for the film, Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.
- He is the most recent Star Wars character to get a Light FX variant, that was released April 5, 2016.
- Kylo Ren is the first main villain of the Star Wars universe to be playable that doesn't have the title "Darth" in his name.
- Kylo Ren is the sixth main antagonist of the Star Wars movie saga (after Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious, Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Maul and Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus).
- Despite him being a lightsaber duelist (considered to be one of the best as shown in the Force Awakens and official media, especially in the cut-scenes for the playset), Kylo Ren is currently the only known Star Wars Jedi/Sith character who cannot saber-lock with any of the Star Wars bosses in-game, likely because it wasn't implemented in time when the playset came out and due to how odd his cross-guard lightsaber would have looked during the duel.
- This could also explain why he's not a spawn-able boss in the Boss Fight Spawner, seeing as it would have required a complete revamp of his battle from the playset to be more fair to the rest of the cast of characters (seeing as most of them lack actual blasters or guns in their skill trees).
- For all photos and videos, see Kylo Ren/Gallery.
- ↑ http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/disney-infinity-3-0-animation-breakdown/
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2015/10/12/exclusive-disney-infinity-new-star-wars-force-awakens-characters/73769728/?hootPostID=42d5a7b2ba926056b4c965c72fd28126