|Platform(s)||Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Nintendo 3DS|
Disney Infinity is a sandbox game set across various Disney stories. For the first time, players will place real-world interactive figures - characters, power discs and landmark pieces - on a device called the "Disney Infinity Base" to activate original, story-driven adventures in the game worlds, also known as "Play Sets ", of Monsters University, Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Incredibles.
The game was originally going to be released sometime in June 2013, but it was delayed until August 18, 2013 for the United States, August 20 overseas, and August 23 in the United Kingdom.
The Starter Pack edition of the game is bundled with three figurines and an Infinity Base. The Infinity Base has two round spots to place figurines, and a hexagonal spot to place world discs. When the figurines are placed on the Infinity Base, the characters are imported into the game, while world discs unlock Play Sets.
Notes: Play set comes in starter kit along with Monsters University and The Incredibles play sets.
Notes: Play set comes in starter kit along with Pirates of the Caribbean and The Incredibles play sets.
Notes: Play set comes in starter kit along with Pirates of the Caribbean and Monsters University play sets.
- Playable Characters: Lightning McQueen, Holley Shiftwell, Tow Mater, Francesco Bernoulli
- Playset: Yes
Notes: Available in Play Set pack with Lightning McQueen and Holley Shiftwell.
Notes: Available in Play Set pack with the Lone Ranger and Tonto.
Notes: Available in Play Set pack with the Buzz Lightyear and Jessie.
- Playable Characters: Jack Skellington
- Playset: No
Notes: Figures will be released later on.
- Playable Characters: Rapunzel
- Playset: No
- Playable Characters: Sorcerer Mickey
- Playset: No
A number of other Disney franchises are also represented, albeit lacking playsets and playable characters (so far). They are instead represented with items that appear in game or on some of the power discs that will be available. Some of these include Alice in Wonderland, Finding Nemo, Bolt, Aladdin, Robin Hood, Star Wars, and even obscure films such as Condorman are represented in Disney Infinity.
- Play Set
- You have just the franchise the set belongs to; you cannot put in out-of-franchise characters. According to the official description for the book Disney INFINITY: Infinite Possibilities, there will be six play sets initially.
- In each respective Play Set, players will take on the role of a variety of popular characters including Sulley, the naturally gifted scarer; Captain Jack Sparrow, the sword-wielding double crosser; and Mr. Incredible, one of the world's greatest crime-fighters, and battle enemies, solve challenging puzzles, overcome obstacles, and complete a variety of other unique quests.
- Toy Box
- As players advance through each adventure, they will collect characters, vehicles, upgrades, gadgets and more which they can save to a virtual Toy Box. At any time, players can access their personal Toy Box and use the items to create one-of-a-kind Disney adventures featuring any combination of characters, environments and items across all franchises. The possibilities are endless and players are only limited by their imaginations.
- Infinite Storyline Possibilities – the story creation is in the hands of consumers. Players will be able to create their own adventures in an open-world environment that will give players unprecedented freedom for creative play.
- Multiple Franchises Across All Platforms – Disney Infinity introduces an all-new universe, featuring a toy-inspired art style where multiple Disney franchises and characters can exist and interact in one game and across Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PC and online, as well as on smart devices including tablets and mobile phones.
- Interactive Figures Activate In-Game Adventures and Customizations - Disney Infinity will initially introduce a line of 40 collectible interactive figures - characters, landmark pieces, and power discs - that allow players to expand and customize their play experiences. Over time, Disney Infinity will release additional characters and Play Sets and this platform will constantly evolve.
- 29 interactive character figures allow players to experience a variety of their favorite characters in each Play Set and in Toy Box play
- 4 Landmark pieces that add new Disney and Disney-Pixar Play Set locations
- 55 power discs enhance environments, add gadgets and more
- Co-op Multiplayer Action - supports two player co-op play in structured adventures and up to four players in Toy Box mode.
Updates of the game will be released every year. Each time an update is released, there will also be a feature added to the previous version that makes the game backwards and forwards-compatible, so characters and game pieces for Disney Infinity 2 will be compatible with the original Disney Infinity.
Issues with PS3 version
After launch, several people playing the game on the PlayStation 3 encountered problems with the screen freezing and the online play not working. The game producers recommended deleting the 1.01 patch, which helped most players, though online play was not possible. Any similar problems with other versions of the game have not, as of yet, been reported. The Disney Infinity Facebook Page stated that they are working hard on fixing the problem. A few days later, Patch 1.03 came out and solved most of the problems. 
Disney Infinity 2.0On April 8 2014, Disney announced the addition of Marvel characters, objects, and vehicles in Disney Infinity in a teaser trailer. It is unknown if the "Disney Infinity 2.0" at the end of the video means an update to the current Disney Infinity, or a completely new game.
ReceptionMost versions of Disney Infinity received well reviews, with the PS3 version currently holding the highest rating on the site Metacritic. Though exact sales figures have not been disclosed, a report from Reuters says the game is selling very well, and stores are now restocking to meet consumer demand for merchandise associated with the game. It was also said, that if the sales continue at the current pace, Disney Infinity could become a rare hit for The Walt Disney Company's interactive division, which has been suffering from poor sales of most games. As of September 17, the game has sold 294,000 copies in the US.
For all photos and videos, see Disney INFINITY/Gallery.
Just Kidding Ultimate game guide to Disney Infinity
In the August issue of Just Kidding magazine an Pull-out game guide stating information about the game was included.
- Disney INFINITY was ranked number 4 on Gameinformer's Top 50 Hot E3 Games of 2013.
- There will be 2 apps, one where you can play and edit your Toy Box away from the console, and the other you can put characters into videos.
- ↑ Disney Delays Release of Video Game and Toy Initiative
- ↑ http://youtu.be/YVZekDEDR98?t=3m9s
- ↑ Nintendo Life
- ↑ Kotaku
- ↑ Kotaku
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Disney Infinity Adds 13 New Characters, New Mobile Apps