|Friends||Woody (best friend), Jessie (girlfriend), Bullseye, Hamm, Rex, Slinky Dog, Aliens|
|Occupation||Co-leader of Andy's toys|
|Residence|| Andy's Room (formerly)|
|Voice Actor||Mike MacRae|
"To infinity and beyond!"
Buzz Lightyear is one of the main characters in Disney/Pixar's 1995 hit film Toy Story and its sequels. He is an expansion character in Disney INFINITY, and is sworn to defeat Zurg (before he realized he is an actual toy). Buzz was released on October 22nd, and a Crystal Figure of Buzz was released on November 3rd exclusively at Toys "R" Us in the Race to Space pack. His adventure is "Buzz Lightyear, Save Me!". A glow-in-the-dark version of Buzz Lightyear is available to purchase on the Toy Box App for iPad and PC, and does not have an actual figure. However, it has its own statue outside the Hall of Heroes. Unlike Syndrome already having his Zero Point Energy Gauntlet, Buzz Lightyear must first buy his jetpack in the Toy Story Play Set .
Buzz's spacesuit comes standard equipped with a wrist mounted laser, a communications device, and a jetpack for flight. Buzz is also very strong and comes equipped with a "karate-chop action". He can spin his torso around and spread his wings for a spin attack, but will get dizzy if used for too long. When flying, fire blazes out.
By unscrewing his back, Buzz can be switched into Demo mode (like from the original Toy Story, with no memories of his current life) or Spanish mode (from Toy Story 3, with exceptional dance moves and Spanish catchphrases). Like Woody and Jessie, he throws a Pixar Ball and shoulder charges in Disney INFINITY.
"A Space Ranger could feel at home here!"
"That's no way to treat a Space Ranger!"
"Sorry, but you left me, no choice."
- There is a crystal figure of this character that is sold exclusively at Toys "R" Us. It was released along with Crystal Lightning McQueen in the Race to Space pack.
- There is also a glow-in-the-dark figure exclusive for tablets and PC.
- According to John Vignocchi and John Blackburn, there have been many attempts by the Disney Infinity team at making a physical glow-in-the-dark Buzz figure for the non-digital players. The reason that this has not yet happened is that the figure itself would have to glow in the dark, as it shows on his artwork. Prototypes have been made of the figure, but none of them are satisfactory for the figure designers. There are also concerns regarding regulations of the glow-in-the-dark paint that would be required for such a figure. The figure's release has been pushed back many times as designers continue to tinker with the figure. The figure may or may not ever be released.
- Buzz and Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey Mouse are the only Playable Characters to have three different figure variants.
- His model number is 1000008 and his Crystal variants is 1000035.
- Him, Woody, and Jessie are the only series 2 figures to not be Toy Box only.
- Buzz is now available in a single pack as of 2015.
- Buzz is one of two Playable Characters in the games to receive a non-crystal variant, along with Black Suit Spider-Man.
- Buzz is referenced by Kaos in Skylanders Superchargers. When the player beats the game, Kaos will say the following about a character who is also named Buzz. "There's something familiar about him...and I don't like it!" This is probably because of the rivalry between Disney Infinity and Skylanders.
- For all photos and videos, see Buzz Lightyear/Gallery.